The premise of holistic medicine is healing the whole individual: body, mind, and soul.
She believes that it is important to take time and use a holistic approach to make sure that she treats the root cause of an individual's pain or illness and to not just address the symptoms being experienced.
She believes that pain or illness are a result of an imbalance between the mind, body, and spirit. They all work together to maintain wellness and harmony. When there is an imbalance, the whole individual is affected, not just that one spot or symptom.
As I've gotten older, I've started to listen more to my body, especially when it comes to stress at work. I've found when I'm in stressful situations at work (MIND), I get my migraine headaches and feel fatigue (BODY), which results in an irritable mood (SPIRIT).
|One of those stressful times at work|
So, for my visit with Dr. Luib, I talked to her about my shoulder pain. She suggested I have the combo treatment which included lying on a Biomat for Cellular Healing with Amethyst Crystals, Sound Therapy using Tibetan Bowls, and aromatherapy with lavender essential oils.
Here is a snippet of my combo therapy experience:
Thank you to Lora of LoraSaysSo for taking the video!
After my 15 minute treatment, I felt so relaxed. I've listened to Tibetan Bowls on YouTube to help me sleep, yet nothing compares the the "live" version. The sounds were hypnotizing, where within a few seconds my mind had cleared, by body got really heavy and relaxed. The lavender helped me focus on my breathing, deep breathing in to take in the aroma and exhaling to relax. The Biomat was warm on my back, relaxing my muscles. I could feel my shoulder was a bit looser, less pain. The 15 minute treatment left me energized as if I had taken an hour nap. Dr. Luib did notice a few snores that escaped during my treatment, it was that good!
Benefits from the Amethyst Biomat, taken from www.luibhealthcenter.com:
- The temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain stiffness;
- The temporary relief of joint pain associated with arthritis;
- The temporary relief of muscle spasms;
- Minor sprains and strains, and minor muscular pain;
- The relaxation of muscles;
- And the temporary increase of local circulation where applied.
- Reduce stress and anxiety significantly
- Lower anger and blood pressure
- Improve circulation and increases blood flow
- Deep relaxation and pain relief
- Chakra balancing
- Increase mental and emotional clarity
- Promote stillness, happiness and well being
- stimulates the immune system
- Reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Heals burns and wounds
- Improves sleep
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Alleviates headaches
- Stimulate the immune system
Dr. Luib also gave me sample of Theramu Relieve which she carries in her office. Made with Emu Oil and pure hemp extract, immediate relief is experienced when applied directly to area of pain. I placed a pea size portion on my shoulder before taking a nap. When I woke up, I didn't feel the usual pain I feel when I wake up.
A few of the services offered at the Luib Health Center include, but are not limited to:
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Herb and Vitamin Supplement
Dr. Luib offers free consultations. Visit her website to call, email, or send an online form to schedule your appointment.
Dr. Luib also has lots of very informational blog posts on her website. Here are a few I enjoyed reading: