For Christmas, hubby bought us a year pass to the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park. It's been recently upgraded, renovated, and expanded so we were excited to have the next year to explore and enjoy the garden,
Tips for visiting the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park:
- Check Groupon for deals on an annual pass
- Stressed out? There are lots of quiet spots to sit and meditate. My favorite spot was at the bottom of the waterfall. You can sit in the shade under the awning of the Inamori Pavillion, listen to the waterfall, and watch the koi swim by.
- Plan for several visits throughout the year to see the foliage and flowers change with the seasons.
- Visit the website for special programs and events like a Tea Ceremony class or the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
- 3rd Tuesday of the month the Japanese Friendship Garden is free for San Diego residents.
Don't forget ALL the museums at Balboa Park participate in the FREE Tuesdays for San Diego residents program.
We had a great time visiting the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park. We look forward to a year of visits!