For Father's Day, I wanted to treat my dad to a different kind of outing I knew they'd enjoy: food tour with Bite San Diego. Bite San Diego features the best walking tours in San Diego, which help locals and visitors alike explore the growing food scene of America’s Finest City via guided food walking tours. Bite San Diego offers tours in the neighborhoods of Pacific Beach, Encinitas, Little Italy, La Jolla, Coronado, and Liberty Station.
A few months ago, my hubby and I did a food tour of the San Diego neighborhood of Pacific Beach. It was great to learn about the area, as well try a few of their foodie highlights. I knew my parents would enjoy the experience as well!
I decided to take my parents on the La Jolla food tour with Bite San Diego since La Jolla is such a beautiful area with awesome views. With the weather being warm the last few weeks, I knew La Jolla would be cooler since it sits on the coast of San Diego.
During the tour, our guide, David, shared interesting history, insights and stories of not only the La Jolla area.
Our Bite San Diego tour of La Jolla brought us to:
- Ohana Cafe – Hawaiian BBQ with traditional and Pacific fusion dishes (and shaved ice!).www.ohanacafelj.com
- Prospect Bar & Lounge – Fresh, trendy, and an enticingly tasteful restaurant overlooking Prospect Ave & the La Jolla cove. www.prospectbar.com
- Richard Walker’s Pancake House La Jolla – The San Diego breakfast staple serving apple pancakes 7 days a week!www.richardwalkers.com (featured in Top 5 Breakfast Picks)
- Beaming La Jolla – Highly nutritious & highly delicious juices, smoothies, soups, salads & more! www.livebeaming.com (read all about them here)
- Public House La Jolla – This secluded eatery covers everything from Kobe beef to fresh fish tacos, all paired with a GIANT beer list. Cheers! www.the-publichouse.com
- We Olive and Wine Bar La Jolla – Divine dipping of the best olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and more from California and beyond.www.weolive.com/lajolla
Bite San Diego food tour really does provide "bites" and samples of what the business have to offer. Don't go on this food tour expecting more than just "bites". The samples are just enough to allow you to enjoy ALL the bites the tour has to offer without getting full. While enjoying the "bites" provided on your, you are welcome to order other items off the menu, but be advised each restaurant stop is about 15-20 minutes long.
You can use discount code: LysaBITES and receive 15% OFF a regular priced tour ticket!
Bite San Diego was a great way to spend an afternoon with my parents, enjoying one of the neighborhoods in San Diego, savoring a variety of bites to eat, and at the same time getting some walking done while enjoying the fresh air.
Thank you Bite San Diego for a wonderful way to spend some quality time with my parents!