The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers, by their peers. The blog nominees have less than 200 followers or have been blogging for less than 6 months. The award helps to recognize new blogs and share their labors of love. It is actually known as the Love Blog Award, too. In case you were wondering, Liebster translates to “dearest” in German. Here is some background on the Liebster Blog Award!
I'm so very thankful to be a nominee and I'm happy to share some other blogs and I think are cool and are just as deserving!
The Rules:You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so we can learn more about you!
11 Random Things about Me
1) I work at my high school alma mater. Go Red Devils!
2) My family has a favorite number "16". My husband and I have 16 letters in our names. Our birthdays both land on the 16th. We were married on the 16th. Our address house number add up to 16.
3) I love cupcakes. Check out my hobby at www.BoozieCakes.com
4) I dabble in crafts and cooking! Check out my board "Look What I Made" on Pinterest!
5) I have two boys ages 2 and 4. They are my pride and joy, but make me crazy once in awhile.
6) My favorite color is purple.
7) I started the "Cupcake 26.2 Virtual Marathon".
8) My husband is awesome!
9) I'm addicted to social media.
10) My news years resolution is to complete my own "Cupcake 26.2 Marathon" each month, lose some weight, and live a healthier lifestyle in the year 2013!
11) My favorite Sanrio character is Keroppi!
My Nominator's Questions:
Why do you blog?
I initially started to blog to document our family's memories online, rather than scrapbooks or photo albums.
My blog has evolved into a family business of which I am the "Chief Mom in Charge"!
Who is your blogspiration? (The blog/blogger you look up to)
There have been a few San Diego bloggers who have friended me in the virtual world, giving me opportunities to gain exposure, and teaching me the ropes. Angela from MiraMesaMom.com, Kathie from SoCalKidsSanDiego.com, Louise from LaidOffMom.com, and Cynthia from LifeByCynthia.com have all been an inspiration to me in the "blogisphere".
What's your best blogging tip?
Find bloggers that are similar to you and follow their lead! Watch how the blog, how they interact online, and network. They are all more than happy to share their trade tips and help you out!
What's your favorite TV show?
I am addicted to "Scandal" on ABC featuring Kerry Washington! It's so scandalous and suspenseful! Each episode leaves me hanging wanting more!
If you could meet anyone (living or deceased) who would it be?
I'd love to meet President Obama. He is such a significant figure in my lifetime. It would be a great story to share with my kids and grand kids!
Do you think you would survive the zombie apocalypse?
I did! Check out my "Walking Dead Escape" blog post!
When was the last time you cried?
When my four year old asked me the other day, "Mom, what happens if you and dad die. Who's going to take care of us?" That caught me by surprise and I actually thought about the question for a moment and was tearing up as I answered, "We have lots of people who love us and will take care of any of us if and when we need it." That was such an "Ah-ha" moment for me!
Chocolate or Vanilla?
What's your favorite blog post you've written?
One of my favorites is Fall Break 2012. I'm lucky my job has lots of vacation time. I try to jam pack that time with lots of fun so this blog post is a summary of last fall! It was so much fun!
What's your guilty pleasure?
Food! I love food!
If you were a pirate, what would your pirate name be?
11 Questions for the people I nominated:(I kept some of the questions I really liked)
1) Why do you blog?
2) Who is your blogspiration? (The blog/blogger you look up to)
3) What's your favorite blog post you've written?
4) What's your best blogging tip?
5) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6) What are you currently reading?
7) What is your favorite pastime?
8) What is your new year's resolution?
9) If you could be a cupcake, that kind would you be?
10) Facebook or Twitter?
11) What is your favorite childhood memory?
My Liebster Blog Award Nominees!
1) Pirate Perogative - right back at ya!
7) SD Moms BlogPrincipal Joey
10) Roj the Monster
I had a fun time searching "new blog", "new bloggers", and "#newblogger" in Twitter to find some of the blogs listed above. It's neat to see the potential in some of the blogs written by young people! Some of the blogs listed come from my network of San Diego Mom Bloggers!